Diversity & Inclusion
We value diversity and respect the individual. We are committed to creating a culture that is inclusive of all people, where everyone has an opportunity to succeed and pathways to success are transparent. Our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) mission is to increase the diversity of people, perspectives and experiences represented at all levels of the firm and to nurture an increasingly inclusive culture where that diversity is valued, embraced and leveraged for the benefit of our people and our clients. We accomplish this by working with firm leadership to integrate our goals and concepts into the way in which the firm manages its people and business. DLA Piper's D&I Strategic Plan has an internal and external focus, geared to recruit, retain and advance our lawyers and includes programs and initiatives such as Associate Office Hours, the Champions Program, the Women Emerging Leaders program, our Flexible Work Solutions strategy, and our resource groups, including the Leadership Alliance for Women.
Highlights that demonstrate the strength and momentum of our D&I strategic plan:
- 58% of our 2017 class of partner promotions are diverse. This includes all women, people of color and LGBTQ. This is up from 55% in 2016, 45% in 2015 and 33% in 2014.
- 2016 marks the fourth consecutive year, Working Mother magazine has named DLA Piper as one of the "50 Best Law Firms for Women" in recognition of our many programs that attract, retain and promote female lawyers.
- In 2017, for the fifth time, DLA Piper received the Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), which recognizes the leadership roles achieved by women equity partners at law firms.
- The Human Rights Campaign has named DLA Piper as one of the 2017 Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality. This is our ninth consecutive year to achieve this distinction.
- 17% of our 2017 Office Managing Partners and Co-Office Managing Partners are diverse (this includes all women, people of color and LGBTQ).
- Among our 18 sector/industry leaders, 7 are women (38%).
- DLA Piper firm leaders are involved in significant partnerships with third-party organizations. This includes Roger Meltzer, Global Co-Chairman & Chairman, Americas, who leads our partnership with the Center for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at NYU Law and Stasia Kelly, Co-Managing Partner (Americas), who is on the board of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
Visit http://www.dlapiperdiversity.com/ for more information about our diversity and inclusion efforts.