Diversity & Inclusion
We value diversity and respect the individual. We are committed to creating a culture that is inclusive of all people, where everyone has an opportunity to succeed and pathways to success are transparent. Our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) mission is to increase the diversity of people, perspectives and experiences represented at all levels of the firm and to nurture an increasingly inclusive culture where that diversity is valued, embraced and leveraged for the benefit of our people and our clients. We accomplish this by working with firm leadership to integrate our goals and concepts into the way in which the firm manages its people and business, including programs such as the Champions Program, the Alternative Work Solutions Program, and our resource groups, including the Leadership Alliance for Women.
Highlights that demonstrate the strength and momentum of our D&I efforts:
- We recently named Stasia Kelly to the position of Co-Managing Partner (Americas).
- 33% of our 2014 class of partner promotions are diverse. This includes women, people of color and LGBT.
- 19% of the 2014 class of partner promotions work a reduced-hours schedule.
- For the third year in a row, we received the Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), which recognizes leadership roles achieved by women equity partners at law firms.
- The Human Rights Council named us as one of the 2014 Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality. This is our sixth consecutive year to achieve this distinction.
- We recently added 23 new leadership opportunities for women associates through the Leadership Alliance for Women.
- Working Mother named DLA Piper as one of the 50 best law firms for women in 2013.
Visit http://www.dlapiperdiversity.com/ for more information about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
Statistics – As of January 2014
The ranks of our Office of the Chair, Office Managing Partners and Regional Practice Group Leaders include women and lawyers of color, and several of our “C-Level” executives are women, including our Chief Legal Support Officer, Chief Marketing Officer and Chief People Officer. We continue to strive for improved diversity in the leadership ranks of our firm.
Executive Committee (US): 39% diverse (including women and lawyers of color)
Policy Committee (US): 42% diverse (including women and lawyers of color)